Nath is the current program coordinator of the Photonics Research Laboratory. He is associate professor of physics and a Balik-PhD recipient of the University of the Philippines.
He was a postdoc at the Quantum Optics group of Prof. dr. J.P. Woerdman in Huygens Laboratory in Leiden University, the Netherlands from 2009 to 2011 and a research fellow at the Quantum Engineering of Light group of Prof. J.P Torres at the Insitut de Ciencies Fotoniques in Barcelona, Spain from 2012 to 2014.
He obtained his BS Applied Physics (Materials Physics concentration, 1999) , MS Physics (2001) and PhD Physics (2007) degrees from NIP, UP Diliman.
Cluster: Structured Light
- Faustino, Maria Angela B., et al. “Terahertz emission enhancement in semi-insulating gallium arsenide integrated with subwavelength one-dimensional metal line array.” Optics Letters 41.19 (2016): 4515-4517. DOI: 10.1364/OL.41.004515
- Bareza, Nestor D., and Nathaniel Hermosa. “Subluminal group velocity and dispersion of Laguerre Gauss beams in free space.” Scientific reports 6 (2016). DOI: 10.1038/srep26842. [in popular media: GMANewsonline, IFLScience, ScienceAlert, trendsderzukunft, El Ciudana]
- Steinlechner, Fabian, et al. “Frequency conversion of structured light.” Scientific reports 6 (2016). DOI: 10.1038/srep21390.
- Hermosa, Nathaniel. “Reflection beamshifts of visible light due to graphene.” Journal of Optics 18.2 (2016): 025612. DOI: 10.1088/2040-8978/18/2/025612.
- Bareza Jr, Nestor, and Nathaniel Hermosa. “Spatial mode projection technique in extracting nanofeatures.” Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics/Pacific Rim. Optical Society of America, 2015. DOI: 10.1109/CLEOPR.2015.7376494.
- Bareza, Nestor, and Nathaniel Hermosa. “Propagation dynamics of vortices in helico-conical optical beams.” Optics Communications 356 (2015): 236-242. DOI: 10.1016/j.optcom.2015.08.005.
[btn text=”Back to Structured Light page” tcolor=#FFF thovercolor=#FFF link=”http://photonics.nip.upd.edu.ph/research/structured-light/” target=”_self”]